From Coffin Bay Oysters to Moreton Bay Bugs, we’ve found the best seafood platters around town.
1. Sails on the Bay || 15 Elwood Foreshore. Elwood. Ph: (03) 9525 6933. sailsonthebay.com.au
Soak up the views from this elegant restaurant. A seafood platter here is served as a sequential shared main with oyster shots for entrée before market fish, wok fried crab, mussels, prawns and scampi. Divine.
2. Lobster Cave || 16-18 North Concourse. Beaumaris. Ph: (03) 9589 6329. lobstercave.com.au
Despite the drive, it is worth it for a deluxe combination for 2 or 4 stars lobster tails, QLD king prawns, W.A. scampi, Spring Bay mussels, Coffin Bay oysters, Moreton Bay bugs, Harvey Bay scallops and more!
3. The Anchorage Restaurant || 34A The Strand. Williamstown. Ph: (03) 9397 7050 anchorage.com.au
Set on the marina to the city’s west with a gorgeous ship, their seafood platter is so spectacular it requires 48 hours notice (and a deposit). Feast on whole cray, bugs, crab, scallops, dozens of oysters, fried calamari, prawn cutlets, smoked and Tassie salmon! At $200 you are guaranteed the best and freshest, this would work best to treat a special someone.
4. Richmond Seafood Tavern || 14 Elizabeth St. Richmond. Ph: (03) 9419 8724. richseatav.com.au
Here in this cosy pub you’ll find some of Melbourne’s best seafood. Head chef Eli Tamarua invites guests to create their own platter comprising all or any of scallops, oysters, prawns, and bug tails, fish like snapper or whiting or cray for the lucky.
5. Claypots Seafood & Wine || 213 Barkly St. St Kilda. Ph: (03) 9534 1282.
You’ll need plenty of room to get through the giant seafood platter so entrees are out of the question! From calamari to glitzy market fresh fish like red snapper, you’ll be in good fat heaven!