Homemade and authentic as, these shops are moulding Melbourne's best fresh pasta.
1. The Traditional Pasta Shop || Shop 3-4. Dairy Produce Hall. Queen Victoria Market. Corner Coventry and Cecil St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 424 868 459.
There are heaps of great places in the Dairy Produce Hall at QVM but this one is a gem. Here you will find every shape and every colour pasta. Classics like fettuccini can be picked up alongside gourmet ravioli with capsicum, garlic and goat’s cheese. Don’t forget the Parmigiano!
2. The Pasta Eater || 17 Bluff Rd. Black Rock. Ph: (03) 9589 6676.
This mother and daughter duo Ann and Nellie McWaters make their pasta fresh daily. Go for a road trip and collect ready-to-cook lasagnes, home-style Bolognese sauce or some show-stopping smoked salmon ravioli, our mouths are watering at the sound of it!
3. The Fresh Pasta Shop || Stall 704 Prahran Market. 163-185 Commercial Rd. Prahran. Ph: (03) 9824 1244. freshpastashop.com.au
You know you will never be disappointed at Prahran Markets and this shop is no exception! For 10 years, John Pilakis has offered up to 35 types of ravioli and also does excellent Thai chicken meatballs to top it off. He’ll even do you a deal – $15 for some fresh gnocchi, sauce and cheese for two. Yum!
4. Donnini’s Pasta || 398 Lygon St. Carlton. Ph: (03) 9347 1655. donninispasta.com.au. donninispasta.com.au
This quaint little pasta shop with cute window display looks like it has been plucked out of Italy. You will want to come back for more and more after you taste the agnolotti pillows full of pumpkin or beetroot and the homemade pestos and sauces are authentically tasty.
5. Alligator Brand || 1-3 Taylor St. Yarraville. Ph: (03) 9687 0870. alligatorbrand.com.au. alligatorbrand.com.au
This place is a home-cook paradise stocking fresh and frozen pastas. Try the spinach and ricotta ravioli, it is divine. It’s good enough plain but even better mixed with a jar of that rich red Napoli for a taste explosion.
Click to save 30% off Melbourne's top restaurants