Nothing (yes nothing) beats a pub-style parma ‘n chips! These are our best Melbourne parmas!
1. Palmerston Hotel || 51 Palmerston Crescent. South Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9690 5749. palmerstonhotel.com.au
Offering beaut crumbed chicken covered in Virginian ham, fine Napoli and melted mozzarella, choose between chips and salad or mash and veggies, no wonder this perennial favourite has a great reputation. Too good!
2. The Collective || 134 Ormond Rd. Elwood. Ph: (03) 9531 7633.
This glitzy baysider has a succulent double breasted chicken and a choice of three innovative toppings plus a gluten free crumb option. Best of all, their chips come with sweet chilli mayo.
3. The Leveson || 46 Leveson St. North Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9328 1109. theleveson.com
This classy inner-city pub with modern décor serves consistently solid, delicious schnitzels with shaved ham and crunchy golden fries. Complimented with a well-dressed rocket salads and patrons to boot, it’s $23 well spent.
4. The Mint Bar & Bistro || $12 on Tuesdays. 280 William St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9602 5622. themint.com.au
Sit by open fire or in the sunny courtyard in this former mint, devour a perfect parma with thin French-cut fries and juicy salad. With quality chook, nice cheese and an even spread of home-style Napoli, you won’t leave hungry.
5. The Skinny Dog || 155 High St. Kew. Ph: (03) 9853 3080. skinnydoghotel.com.au
This oldie but goodie has been newly renovated, it’s getting fancy. Renowned for their parma size, they started offering ½ sizes for smaller (or normal sized) tummies. You’ll drop $25 for a namesake with napoli, double smoked ham and mozzarella.