Wrap your mits around a cup full of some of Sydney's best hot chocolates!
1. Colefax Chocolates || 78 Ramsay St, Haberfield. Ph: (02) 9798 2022. colefaxchocolates.com.au
These guys know their hot chocolates with no fewer than eight styles featured on the menu at this chocolate shop and cafe. Ordering a Mexican will get you a drink spiked with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, while the Angel Wings will get you a drink made with sweet white chocolate.
2. Lindt Chocolat Cafe || 53 Martin Pl, Sydney. Ph: (02) 8257 1600. lindt.com/au
Lindt is synonymous with chocolate and their Swiss expertise in cocoa translates just as well to drinks, there really is no need to overthink your hot chocolate choice. Besides, their slick Martin Place cafe makes the perfect shopping spree pit stop.
3. Cafe Hernandez || 6 Kings Cross Rd, Potts Point. Ph: (02) 9331 2343. cafehernandez.com.au
This tiny cafe is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, serving up Spanish-style food and drinks so it’s no exaggeration to say you can drop by for a hot chocolate here any time of day. Check out the Churros (Spanish donuts) for a perfect accompaniment.
4. Boon || 251 Victoria St, Darlinghurst. Ph: (02) 9356 8876. boonchocolates.com.au
Come to Boon for a chocolate experience. Their dark or milk hot chocolates arrive with a petit chocolate mousse and one of their handmade pralines. No need for marshmallows here.
5. Chocolateria San Churro ||47 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe. Ph: (02) 9692 0119; Shp 5/84 Campbell Pde, Bondi Beach. Ph: (02) 9130 4331. sanchurro.com
This cafe chain has taken the idea of the simple hot chocolate and run with it, creating menu with a myriad of options. Every sweet-tooth should try something from the menu here, especially the thick Spanish hot chocolate with a shot of coconut syrup. Yum!