Add your best spag bol sauce to Sydney's best fresh pasta.
1. Adamo’s Pasta || 725 Botany Rd, Rosebery. Ph: (02) 9310 7033. adamospasta.com.au
Here you can buy fresh to put your own pasta spin on it or pick up the cooked cannelloni or lasagne for a take-home meal. Behind the counter here you’ll find colourful spools of tagliatelle, fettucini and capelli d’angelo flavoured with spinach, saffron or beetroot.
2. Pozza Foods || 58 Joseph St, Lidcombe. Ph: (02) 9646 2696. pozzafoods.com.au
Pozza pasta is a well known quality brand, but you can buy direct from the maker (and get the full range) at the Lidcome factory outlet. Stock up on paprika beef tortellini, pumpkin gnocchi or three kinds of lasagne – Delish!
3. Pasta Emilia || 129 Macpherson St, Bronte. Ph: (02) 9386 1516. emilia.com.au
Anna Maria Eoclidi puts a lot of love into her traditional, organic ravioli, tortelli and anolini, filled with seasonal ingredients like beetroot, stinging nettles and mustard fruit. So if you’re not already fresh pasta convert you will be after coming here.
4. Peppe’s Pasta || 151 Ramsay St, Haberfield. Ph: (02) 9797 1778. peppes.com.au
Although Joe Cassaniti no longer makes his award-winning pasta onsite, the Haberfield store that started it all stocks the full range of fresh pastas. The basil and garlic fettucine or saffron papardelle go just amazingly with with Joe’s rich pasta sauces.
5. Pasta Italia || Unit A, 27-29 Victoria St, Smithfield. Ph: (02) 9609 4444. pastaitalia.com.au
With just a couple of clicks on their website you can have fresh spaghetti, smoked salmon agnolotti or Bolognese delivered to your door from the Pasta Italia online store. However, if you can’t wait then visit their factory outlet in Smithfield.