We looked for charming boutique hotels in Sydney. Here is our top 5!
1. Ravesi’s || 118 Campbell Pde. Bondi Beach. Ph: (02) 9365 4422. ravesis.com.au
Ravesi’s has it all: a prime location with direct views over Bondi Beach, an excellent restaurant, and 18 rooms boasting an unusual yet winning combination of chic and coastal décor. In true Bondi style.
2. Apartment One || Liverpool St, Darlinghurst. (02) 9331 2881. contemporaryhotels.com.au
This self-contained, minimalist apartment offers a beautiful state-of-the-art kitchen, three outdoor terraces, prime location, and is ideal for those seeking an alternative to a hotel without losing the luxury.
3. Kathryn’s On Queen || 20 Queen St. Woollahra. Ph: (02) 9327 4535. kathryns.com.au
This heritage-listed terrace is antique chic at its best. The boutique B&B’s atmosphere is imbued with airy luxury and echoes some of the great hotels in Europe.
4. Medusa || 267 Darlinghurst Rd. Darlinghurst. Ph: (02) 9331 1000. medusa.com.au
Medusa is a boutique hotel with personality. Each one of the 18 rooms has an identity of its own and is a work of art. Unique juxtapositions of bold colours, modern furnishing and exotic timbers create a unique and memorable atmosphere.
5. The Kirketon || 229 Darlinghurst Rd. Darlinghurst. Ph: (02) 9332 2011. 8hotels.com
This hotel’s once minimal stylings have been replaced, two years ago, with airs of Paris and New York. Book one of the rooms, designed by Connie Alessi, and top off your stay, right downstairs, with a sip at one of Sydney’s best cocktail bars, Eau de Vie.