Add this rasher to your egg and bacon roll for a top notch experience.
If you love nothing more than a salty rasher of bacon and you're wondering what the best one in Australia is, wonder no more.
Princi Smallgoods in Perth has been awarded the top prize in the Australian PorkMark Bacon Awards 2019. This prized bacon beat 140 other entrants to be decalred the best in Australia.
Princi Smallgoods director, Pino Princi said: "The story of Princi bacon began over five decades ago and our recipe has travelled from Italy to Australia. What really sets our bacon apart though, I believe, is the quality of the pork that we begin with."
The Australian PorkMark Bacon Awards focuses on producers who make their bacon with 100 per cent Aussie pork, which results in such a premium product.
All entries were judged by a panel of four bacon experts: Fleischmeister Horst Schurger and chefs Simon Bestley, Adam Moore and Paul McDonald, who tasted the rashers in both raw and cooked form.
The winners for the Australian PorkMark Bacon Awards 2019 are:
Overall Best Australia Bacon:
Princi Smallgoods, Perth WA
1. Southlands Quality Meats in Canberra, ACT
2. Westridge Meats in Toowomba, Qld
3. Loveday’s Quality Meats in Burleigh Waters, Qld (tied)
3. Eurostyle Smallgoods in Perth, WA (tied)
1. Princi Smallgoods in Perth, WA
2. Gray’s Modern Meat Mart in Toowoomba, Qld
3. Griffith Butchery in Canberra, ACT