A modern take on a classic favourite!
There's nothing like a melt-in-your-mouth banoffee pie, but one home cook has added the "lotus biscoff" biscuit into the mix and we have to say - the results are marvellous.
Taking to her social media platforms, home cook, Tagrid Ahmed, who is known on Instagram as Mama Ghanouj - has shared the ultimate recipe for a treat that is a sure-fire way for you to use up all your bananas.
"Love Banoffee? Love Biscoff? Why not combine the two - here we have The Banoffee Biscoff Trifle," she said.
Tagrid descibes her creation as "layers of Biscoff crumbs, caramel, bananas, unsweetened cream & a drizzle of Biscoff made the perfect balance between crunchy and smooth - plus surprisingly not overly sweet."
She also notes: "The simple whipped cream between the layers balanced out all the flavours & made it perfect!"
It sounds good to us - checkout the recipe below.
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can caramel top & fill
- Sliced bananas
- Crushed biscoff biscuits
- Softened biscoff spread for drizzling
- Biscoff biscuits for garnish
- Whip your cream with vanilla until it starts to take shape, careful not to over whip. Place this mixture in a piping bag.
- Place the caramel in a microwave safe bowl & soften in the microwave and whisk well. Just enjoy until smooth and pipable. Place this in a piping bag.
- Soften Biscoff spread, place in a piping bag.
- To assemble; use crumbs, caramel, banana, cream, Biscoff drizzle, Caramel Drizzle.
- For the top layer I piped a dollop of cream & garnished with a biscuit, assemble the ingredients at you please. You can also make this in a tray form or mini cups.
Would you be keen to try this? Let us know on LifeStyle's Facebook and Instagram page.