Some Homemade Boozy Gifts
Tim and John’s Secret Santa Foraged Gifts
Tim and John create a trio of wild vodka brews, perfect as a gift at Christmas.
• Add fennel seeds to vodka and leave to infuse for about half an hour with the bowl covered to prevent evaporation.
• Strain into bottles, with a sprig of fennel at the top before bottle is sealed.
• Start by making a rosehip syrup by mashing some rosehips in water and simmering for about half an hour.
• Drain the mixture into another saucepan through a muslin rag and reduce to half its volume.
• Add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar and stir.
• Funnel the syrup into clear bottles then add vodka.
• Alexanders are a plant found near the sea.
• Collect and roughly chop a few small bunches.
• Blitz in a food processor to emit the juices.
• Strain through a muslin rag.
• Funnel the liquid into a clear bottle and add vodka.
Watch Christmas At River Cottage on The LifeStyle Channel.