Christmas is not complete without the aroma of a freshly baked pudding!
Add some decadence to the festive season and impress your guests this year with a beautiful Pudding centerpiece.
Our friends at Itha’s Puddings show us how to create the perfect Christmas pudding with 5 simple tips and tricks sure to delight even the fussiest of guests:
1) Use only quality local fruit and pre-soak for at least a week in Brandy or Rum. This will help to deliver rich flavour and remove sharpness of some of the citrus fruits used.
2) The calico cloth used to dress the pudding needs to be large enough to be able to tie tightly together; you can always trim it after the pudding has been tied and about to go into the pot. Don’t be shy with the tie!
3) To prevent this beautiful mixture from sticking to the calico, soak the cloth overnight and ensure the cloth is wet with a generous coating of flour before filling it.
4) To avoid mould from growing, once the pudding is prepared, hang in a low-humidity, cool-dry area. The flavors will mature and form a rich, flavoursome pudding for the whole family to enjoy.
5) A pudding is more than a decadent dessert- it’s a sweet time when the family comes together, tells stories.. and enjoys a sugar high. The pud is to be made with love, care and time.
For more information and to view all delicious Itha Puddings products, visit www.ithaspuddings.com.au