Sea Scallops with Spiced Beetroot and Blue Cheese
Serves 1 to 2
- 5 large Queensland sea scallops roe removed
- 1 tablespoon Palm Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 large beetroot grated
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons warm Water
- 1 teaspoon De Soto Spanish sherry vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat palm sugar in a small saucepan untill it begins to caramelise.
- Add spices and cook through for one minute.
- Mix in grated beetroot and a pinch of salt and cook for several minutes.
- Deglaze pan using warm water and De Soto vinegar, then place aside to cool.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan until it begins smoking.
- Add scallops and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Once the scallops have begun to brown, turn the pan off and flip each scallop.
- Add salt to taste and they are ready to serve.
- Place beetroot in the centre of a deep dish, arrange scallops around the beetroot.
- Sprinkle blue cheese over dish and drizzle with olive oil.