Roast Pumpkin and Squash Salad
- 500g pumpkin
- 300g yellow squash, halved
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 100g roquet
- ½ cup continental parsley
- 50ml garlic oil
- Splash of white balsamic vinegar
- Light olive oil
- Roasted pumpkin (scraps from pumpkin balls)
- 150ml. milk
- 50ml. thickened cream
- Using a melon ball cutter cut your pumpkin into balls, toss in a little oilsalt and pepper, and roast in an oven set at 220 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Splash oil in a pan and fry the squash for 5 minutes.
- Tumble the whole cherry tomatoes in with the squash and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the parsley and a splash of vinegar to the pan.
- Remove the pumpkin, squash and tomatoes from the pan pour the garlic oil and vinegar over the top and serve on top of the leaves, pouring over the warm pan juices/dressing.
- Place the skinned pumpkin in a saucepan and cover with the milk and cream
- Bring to a boil then blend with “Mr. Buzzy” until smooth.