Serves 4 to 6
- 8 thick slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Crisp the bacon in a large saucepot over medium high heat until it has rendered and is crispy. Pour off half of the bacon fat and discard.
- Add the cabbage, honey, cider vinegar and mustard and stir well as cabbage begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and add thyme.
- Continue stirring until the cabbage has wilted and softened.
- Serve warm or cold.