Serves 4 to 6
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot dog relish
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
For the Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 of a red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Large handful of alfalfa sprouts
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- In a festive salad bowl toss the lettuce, cabbage and carrot together to form the ubiquitous salad base of a million salad bars. Garnish with the cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes and sprouts. Just before serving drizzle with dressing and toss well.