- 12 x 6” wooden skewer (soak in water for an hour before using)
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 3 tsp Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger (grated)
- Lime quarters to serve
- 2 tsp Peanut oil (or veg oil)
- 4 Golden shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp Fresh grated ginger
- 2 Small red chillies (finely chopped)
- 125 g Crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1½ tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- Cut chicken into desired lengths.
- Combine the chicken, garlic, fish sauce and ginger. Cover, then fridge for 1 hr or overnight.
- To make the sauce: Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 5 mins, or until golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins, or till thick.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, then cook on a hot plate or char grill pan for 3-4 mins.
- You can use a normal grill or cook in the oven. Cooking time depends on size of chicken.