Feta, Olive & Cheddar Scones
- 2 Eggs
- 150ml Milk
- 150ml Cream
- a pinch Salt
- 2½ cups Self raising flour
- 50g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 50g Persian feta
- 50g De-stoned kalamata olives
- Mix the egg, cream and milk together, add to the sifted flour and mix gently. Before all the ingredients are fully incorporated add the fetta, cheddar and olives.
- Gently mix further to form a soft dough and flatten out onto a flour surface.
- Roll out the dough to 2-3 cm deep and cut circles. Place onto a baking sheet and brush with a little milk.
- Alternatively form a larger scone by flattening a little into a plate about 3cm thick. Score the top to divide into six. Brush with a little milk and bake whole.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180C for 20 minutes approximately.
- Serve warm with a savoury butter or crème fraiche.