Chicken & Corn Noodle Soup
- 150 gm skinless chicken breast fillets
- 3 tspn cornflour
- soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 310-320 gm canned creamed sweet corn
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 packet thin noodles, eg. Singapore
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1-2 spring (green) onions, shredded
- 1 egg, whisked
- Chop chicken until finely minced. Then put in a bowl and mix in 2 tspn each cornflour and soy.
- Heat oil in a wok (or large non-stick pan) and cook chicken until sealed, stirring and mashing with a wooden spoon as you do so.
- Add 3 cups stock, creamed sweet corn and seasonings. Mix well, turn heat down and gently simmer for 10 mins, adding more stock if needed.
- Soak noodles in a bowl of boiling water until separated. Drain well.
- Mix remaining cornflour with cold water until well dissolved and add to the wok. Stir well and add noodles and spring onions. Taste for seasoning and then bring to the boil.
- Remove wok from heat and pour in the egg, continually whisking.
- Serve soup in individual small bowls.