- 6-8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 litre fish stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp shredded fresh ginger
- 1 tspn sugar
- 2 tspn Chinese rice wine
- a splash of sesame oil
- 400-450gm firm white fish fillets, cut into strips
- 2 heads baby bok choy, washed & cut in half lengthways
- a good handful of beanshoots
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 2 spring (green) onions, shredded
- Soak shiitakes in warm water for about 1 hour. Then remove, discard stalks and slice.
- Bring stock to the simmer in a saute (heavy-bottomed) pan and skim any impurities off the top.
- Add soy, ginger, shiitakes, sugar, rice wine and sesame oil. Stir and briefly cook.
- Then carefully add the fish, bok choy and beanshoots. Cook for about 1 min until fish is ready.
- Stir in coriander and spring onion and serve in individual soup bowls.