Asparagus, Sage and Parmesan Frittata
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 spears asparagus, blanched and sliced
- 1 long green shallot, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmigiana reggiano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a small teflon pan. Add the beaten eggs and drag them around the pan, allowing the egg to cook evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat at this point as the egg starts to set. Quickly add the asparagus, shallot, salt, pepper and freshly grated parmesan.
- Up end the frittata on to a serving plate.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add the butter and cook it until it goes a dark nutty brown.
- Add the sage and a pinch of sea salt and pour over the frittata.
- Finish with a little more parmesan.