- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped or whole unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 x large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the sides of the pan.
- Toss oats, peanuts, coconut, raisins, sunflower and pumpkin seeds together in a bowl. In a pot over medium-low heat, stir peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, spices and salt until melted.
- Pour melted mixture over oat base and stir until blended. Stir in egg and spread granola into prepared pan, patting down to make even. Bake for 30 minutes, then cool for 20 minutes before chilling for 2 hours.
- To cut, lift granola out of pan with parchment paper and cut into bars.