Lamb Fillet with Lentil Stew and Spiced Yoghurt
- 3 lamb fillets
- 4 tablespoons heaped Lentils pre-cooked in boiling water for 7 to 10 mins
- 1 Tomato skin removed, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon midnight sauce (a combination of olive paste, red hot chilli peppers and sun dried tomatoes)
- fresh basil leaf
- sheep milk yoghurt
- smoked Paprika
- sea salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Season lamb fillets with sea salt.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan until smoking, then add lamb fillets.
- Cook for several minutes until brown, and turn over and cook for a further two to three minutes.
- Place lamb into a 200º Celsius pre-heated oven for five to seven minutes to cook to taste.
- Remove lamb from the oven and allow it to rest for five to ten minutes.
- Carve lamb into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small sauce pan heat several tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add sliced tomatoes and a pinch of salt and cook for one minute.
- Mix in midnight sauce and the pre-cooked lentils and one tablespoon of warm water.
- In a small bowl, combine sheep's milk yoghurt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Place lentil stew into the centre of a deep dish or plate.
- Arrange lamb pieces onto the lentil mix and add a dollop of spiced yoghurt.
- Garnish with finely-cut fresh basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to taste.