Cuttlefish with Asparagus and Black Bean Dressing
- 4 cuttlefish
- 4 Strips jamon or prosciutto
- 5 spears baby asparagus
- 6 beans split in half
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- ¼ Garlic Clove grated
- ½ tablespoon black bean chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive paste
- 1 orange zest
- 6 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 1 diced Tomato
- ½ bunch chive chopped
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- cracked Black pepper
- Remove cuttle from the fish. Rinse then tear along membrane.
- Open the fish and be careful not to burst the ink sack inside.Rinse.You now have an empty body.
- Take off membrane. Wash under running water and pat dry.
- Trim off the edges and slice fish into strips – as thin as possible – and lay intosoldier-like formation.
- Lay ham lengthways and trim. Place fish in a pile on top of the ham and roll.
- Cut beans into same formation as the rest of the dish. Put through bean shredder. Place in mixing bowl.
- Cut asparagus into the same formation as the beans. Place in mixing bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by placing rice wine vinegar into the bowl as well as mirin, soy, shallots, grated garlic, chopped black beans, olive paste, zest of orange and Spanish olive oil.
- When the dressing is near completion pop the cuttlefish under grill and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Taste test. Add diced tomato removing seeds and skin. Add chopped chives.
- Place all vegetables on a plate in a pile, then place the cuttlefish on top.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.