- 200g butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 white pepper corns crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Melt the butter to clarify.
- In a small heavy based pan reduce the vinegar with the peppercorns until almost dry and allow to cool.
- Place the yolks in a clean bowl that fits neatly over the top of a pan containing water (Bain Marie). Do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Whisk the yolks over gentle heat to form a light sauce.
- Gradually whisk in butter until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Strain then add the vinegar reduction followed by the lemon juice.