Walnut crusted goat's cheese with pear and watercress salad
- 100g goat's cheese, preferably Crottin Chavignol
- ¼ pear, peeled and sliced in three
- 2 tbsp walnuts, ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ bunch watercress
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/6 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the cheese in it. Then coat it with the egg. Mix the walnuts with the breadcrumbs and coat the cheese in the mixture. Fry this in oil for 30 seconds to colour then cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pear with caster sugar and lots of pepper. Fry to colour golden in a little oil and butter.
- Pick the tops off the watercress for your salad.
- Mix the vinegar, walnut oil, groundnut oil and garlic with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and warm over a gentle heat.
- Serve the cheese with the salad and drizzled with the warm dressing.