Pappardelle with rabbit ragout
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500g diced rabbit
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 whole chilli
- 4 tbsp good red Italian wine
- 2 tins cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 packet linguine
- Pecorino shavings
- Dried oregano
- Green olives
- Heat the oil in a saucepan then add the rabbit, onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and when the wine has evaporated then add the tomatoes, rosemary, oregano, olives, anchovies and capers.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 50 minutes on low heat until the meat is tender. Add seasoning to taste. Remove the meat from the bones.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions and cook for the last minute in the rabbit sauce.
- Serve topped with chopped basil and shaved pecorino.