Comfort lamb chops with rice and peas
- 200g lamb chop
- 60g red pepper
- 60g rice
- 60g kidney beans
- 200ml coconut milk
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a hot pan containing a little hot olive oil add the lamb chops and turn them frequently to seal in the juices.
- In a separate bowl mix together some breadcrumbs with some rosemary and finely chopped garlic.
- Spread the mustard over the sealed lamb chops, roll them in the breadcrumb mix and crisp them in a preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the kidney beans, water and rice and after cooking for 3-4 minutes add the coconut milk and the maple syrup.
- In a separate pan cook the red peppers in a little oil and after 5 minutes add the lime juice, soy sauce and just before serving the fresh coriander.
- Serve the lamb chops with the rice and peas and the sweet and sour peppers drizzled on top.