French toast with caramelised apple and blueberries
- 1 egg
- 50 ml double cream
- ½ lemon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 25g blueberries
- ½ tbsp mint
- Caster sugar
- 1 slice thick white bread
- Star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- In a pan, caramelise the apple with a little caster sugar, a knob of butter, the star anise and cinnamon. Remember to keep a few pieces of raw apple to one side. Add a small squeeze of lemon juice and allow to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Whisk the egg with a little sugar, a little grated nutmeg and cream.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for one minute each side until the mixture has been absorbed all the way through the slice.
- Add the blueberries to the caramelising apples and cook for a further minute, tossing to coat all the fruit.
- Fry the bread gently for a minute on each side in butter, or until it is golden on both sides.
- Serve the French Toast with the caramelised fruits on top.