Stir Fried Minced Chicken, Chilli and Coriander
Serves 6 to 8
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 500 g chicken mince
- 6 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 4 small red eschalots roughly chopped
- 4 wild green chilli's finely chopped
- 3 large Red chilli's finely sliced in 4cm lengths
- 3 long Green shallots finely sliced in 4cm lengths
- ½ punnet black fungus roughly shredded
- ½ Spanish Onion sliced
- Fish sauce
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves finely sliced
- ½ bunch picked Mint
- ½ bunch Coriander picked
- Sea salt
- 2 Limes juiced
- ½ iceberg lettuce washed
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large wok until very hot.
- Add the mince and stir around until it starts to turn white.
- Add the garlic, eschallot and chillies and stir- fry quickly.
- At this point, add the shallot, black fungus, onion, fish sauce, lime leaves, herbs and salt quickly so as not to lose the texture.
- Finish with lime juice for a nice sour flavour.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and pour the chicken mince over the leaves.