Steamed Pacific Oysters with Mirin and Soy Sauce
- 12 large Pacific Oysters freshly shucked
- 3 long Green shallots finely sliced
- ½ cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 knob Ginger finely diced
- 2 small red eschalots finely sliced
- In a bowl, mix the mirin, soy and rice wine vinegar with the diced eschallot and ginger.
- Bring water in a steamer to the boil and steam the oysters on a plate for 3 minutes or until just heated through.
- If you prefer a more cooked oyster, then cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the oysters from the steamer and arrange them on a service platter.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the oysters and sprinkle with the finely sliced green shallots.