Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Terrine
For the terrine
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 300g (10oz) thinly sliced smoked salmon
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled, halved and deseeded then cut into small dice.
- 1 x 200g (7oz) tub full fat cream cheese
- 4 level tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- packet rocket or salad leaves
- 1 lemon cut into six wedges
- brown bread and butter
- Line 6 x 150ml (¼ pint) ramekins with cling film (wet first to help the cling film to stick) and arrange a sprig of dill in the base of each.
- Line each ramekin over the base and sides with smoked salmon.
- Snip the leftover salmon into small pieces.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish in a bowl.
- Add the dill, pieces of smoked salmon and cucumber to the bowl and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the ramekins and level the top and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 1 ½ hours or 15 mins in freezer until firm.
- Arrange rocket or salad leaves on six individual plates and turn the ramekins upside down onto the plate, remove the cling film. Dress the leaves with salad dressing and serve with brown bread and butter and lemon wedges.