Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
- 1 litre good quality full cream vanilla ice cream
- 200g (7oz) cooked Christmas pudding, crumbled
- 2 tbsp rum or brandy
- 75g (2.5oz) maraschino cherries, drained
- 50g (2oz) unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped
- edible silver balls to decorate
- Line a pudding basin or loaf tin with cling film.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 15 minutes.
- Turn into a bowl and break up with a fork.
- It should be softened but not completely melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly together.
- Pack into the lined tin and freeze until firm.
- Turn out and decorate with silver balls.