- 1 cod fillet
- 50g puy lentils (pre-cooked from a tin or pouch)
- ½ carrot, diced
- ½ stick of celery, diced
- ½ an onion, diced
- 1 small glass white wine
- Fresh herbs mixed
- 1 clove garlic
- Vegetable stock
- Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat half the oil in a large pan and add the diced vegetables. Cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes, stirring to ensure they don’t stick. Add the lentils and bay leaves, stir a couple of times and then add the white wine and stock and cook until the stock has been absorbed/reduced.
- Blend together the garlic, herbs and breadcrumbs with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Pan-fry the cod for 2 minutes each side and then press down the herb mixture using with your fingers making sure you have an even distribution of the mix. Place under a hot grill.