Chilli chicken and ricotta pancake with Swiss chard
- 2 breasts of chicken – organic/free range or corn fed
- 300g Swiss chard (local) or spinach
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 100g ricotta
- 4 ricotta pancakes (pre-made)
- Chicken stock (enough to immerse the chicken breast)
For the béchamel sauce
- 120g butter
- 120g flour
- 1 litre of full fat milk
- Salt and pepper to season
- 150g of ricotta
- 100g gruyere cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 125ml whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Smoked paprika
- Pre-cook the breast of chicken by poaching with the chicken stock, and allow to cool.
- Make a béchamel sauce by melting the butter and adding the flour to make a white roux, and then incorporate the milk and mix to a smooth sauce. Cook for 20 minutes then add the English mustard, gruyere and ricotta cheese.
- Mix the egg yolks and whipping cream together. Fold into the sauce.
- Break up the poached chicken and combine with the avocado and chard.
- Place this mix down the centre of the pancake adding a little sauce to bind. Wrap up into a roll and lay in a buttered dish. Coat with remaining sauce, sprinkle with paprika. Cook in a medium hot oven for 10-15 minute until glazed.