Grilled Sardines With Olives And Potatoes
- 4 sardines, scaled, fillet, pin boned
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 jacket potatoes
- 2 tomatoes, blanched de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- 150 ml olive oil
- 50 ml champagne vinegar
- 50ml warm water.
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Picked chervil, tarragon, parsley and dill deep-fried in olive oil
- Place the filleted sardines skin side up on to a baking tray, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle over the chopped garlic and place under the grill.
- Bake the jacket potatoes; once cooked, scoop out the centre, mix with the diced tomato, olive, a glug of extra virgin olive oil, flat parsley and season.
- Mix the mustard, 150ml of olive oil, vinegar water and chopped shallots together and allow to infuse and keep at room temperature. In the centre of the plate place the potato mix, sardines on top drizzle the warm dressing around and place the cooked herbs on top of the fish.