- small tub vanilla ice cream
- 12 mince pies
- 2 egg whites
- 100g (3oz) caster sugar
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the mince pies from their foil cases and Cut their tops off.
- Place on a grill tray.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease free bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until the meringue is thick and glossy.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of each mince pie. Top with meringue making sure all the ice cream is covered.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.