Stir-fried Cabbage with Garlic
Serves 4 to 6
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- sea salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- freshly Ground black Pepper
- Remove and discard outer leaves from cabbage and cut leaves into large pieces.
- Pound garlic in a mortar and pestle with a large pinch of salt until coarsely ground.
- Heat a wok until very hot, add a generous amount of olive oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Add garlic to wok, then immediately add cabbage and stir-fry, moving wok contents constantly, to prevent garlic burning. Cook, adding extra oil as necessary, over high heat until cabbage is warmed through and still crunchy.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and sprinkle generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve as an accompaniment to barbecued fish, scallops or king prawns and steamed rice.