BBQ Chicken Breast With Zucchini Sauce
- 2 chicken breast fillets skin off
- 3 large Zucchinis sliced 1/2cm thick
- 4 Cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt
- freshly Ground black Pepper
- 300 ml Water or chicken stock
- 50 g softened Butter
- Heat plenty of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and sea salt and fry a couple of minutes.
- Add the zucchini and a touch more salt and continue frying, stirring continuously to get the zucchinis moving.
- Add the water or stock and allow to simmer 2 or 3 minutes, until the zucchini is well softened.
- Remove half the zucchini from the pan and blend roughly with the butter. Return this to the pan and add pepper, salt and a dash more olive oil.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken breasts well with salt and extra virgin olive oil and char grill a couple of minutes each side to produce a criss-cross effect. Be sure to add another dash of salt to the chicken breasts when you turn them. This melts into the meat as it rests. Rest the chicken breasts 2 minutes.
- Spoon the zucchini sauce onto service plates and serve the chicken over the top with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serves 2.