Warm Salad of Squid with Black Bean and Chilli Dressing
- vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons black beans & chilli dressing - see below
- ¼ bunch Mint
- ¼ bunch Coriander
- ¼ bunch Thai basil leaf
- 150 g Squids cleaned and cut into 3cm strips
Black Bean and Chilli Dressing
- ½ brown onion finely diced
- 100 g pancetta
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
- ½ knob Ginger finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- ¼ packet black bean soaked
- 4 long Red chilli's sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a pan sweat onion, add pancetta, garlic and ginger in oil until cooked, add capsicum and saute until soft.
- Drain the black beans and add them to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add red chillies then palm sugar, when sugar is dissolved add oyster sauce.
- Add chicken stock and simmer until sauce becomes thick.
- Score the squid on the underside and grill quickly in a very hot pan till just cooked and remove.
- Combine the squid and the rest of the ingredients, including the dressing and place in the centre of the plate.