Strawberries and raspberries layered with brandy cream
- 40g strawberries (cut in half)
- 40g raspberries
- 2 tbsp good quality brandy
- 1 tablespoon of medium oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 60ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- In a large bowl mix the strawberries and raspberries together. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the brandy, mix well and allow to marinade. Keep some of the marinated berries in a small bowl for decoration.
- In the meantime, toast the oatmeal and almonds in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat for approx 5 minutes. Once golden and toasted, allow to cool.
- With the help of an electric whisk, whip the cream in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks. Pour in the honey, the remaining whisky and continue to whip for a further 5 seconds until combined. Fold half of the cooled oatmeal and almonds into the mixture.
- Begin layering the berries and the cream evenly into a tall dessert glass, ending with the cream. To finish sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal and almonds and decorate with the remaining berries.