Salad of Smoked Trout, Potatoes, Avocado and Crispy Fennel with a Mayonnaise sauce and Caviar
- 4 Fillets Rainbow Trout
- sea salt
- 300 ml fish stock
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- of half Lemon
- 100 ml lightly whipped Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 250 g Pink fir Potatoes
- 1 head fried baby fennel
- 2 ripe Avocados
- Beluga Caviar
- Scatter fillets with sea salt, leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off salt, pat dry. Sit in smoker which has been burning for 20 minutes.
- Slice fennel lightly, dust with flour and deep fry.
- Sprinkle with salt to keep crisp.
- Whip mayonnaise and fish stock in bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream, add lemon juice and a touch of salt and pepper.
- Peel skin off trout, break into small pieces, do not use a knife.
- To serve, layer to create a tower.
- Start with sliced potatoes, then avocado, brush with vinaigrette, layer fennel, trout skin side up, potato, avocado, brush with vinaigrette, fennel, trout, repeat, drizzle vinaigrette around, spoon sauce on top slightly dribble down side, add a small dollop of caviar on top, garnish with chervil and chives.