Caramelised Pear Pizza with Mascarpone
- 100 g Sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 4 firm Pear peeled and sliced
- 100 ml Water
- 200 g Puff pastries
- 150 g Marscapone
- Add sugar and butter to pan, caramelise.
- Cut peeled pear into quarters, core.
- Cut quarters into three.
- Add pears to saucepan, mix to coat with syrup, add a little water. Bubble gently for 4 mins until caramel dissolves.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Place in fridge to cool.
- Arrange pears in circular form on pastry base, keep slices away from edge.
- Place on middle shelf of conventional oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- To serve, place on plate, spoon reserved syrup over pears and dribble onto side of plate.
- Place a dollop of mascarpone in centre.
- Alternatively use running cream or vanilla bean ice cream.