- 600g/1lb 5oz spaghetti
- 250g/8¾oz minced beef
- 1 egg
- 100g/3½oz "00" or strong flour
- 600g/1lb 5oz tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- small glass of red wine
- 90ml/3¼fl oz olive oil
- Handful of flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g/3½oz pecorino cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the minced beef, egg and parsley together. Season to taste. Now take a teaspoon of mixture and, in your hand, roll it into a ball. Dust the ball in flour and put to one side. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- In a frying pan, gently sauté the onions and chilli in the olive oil until soft. Add the meatballs and gently fry until golden brown. Now add the red wine and simmer for approximately two minutes. Once the wine has evaporated, pour in the chopped tomatoes. Season to taste and cook for a further four minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the sauce. Mix well and serve with freshly grated pecorino.