Lamb Shank Braised in Port Wine with Sage and Celeriac Mash
- 2 lamb shanks
- 50g seasoned flour
- Olive oil
- 2 bulbs chopped garlic
- Mire poix of vegetables
- 2 large wine glasses port
- 1 pint beef stock
- Stem rosemary
- Lemon peel
- 1 celeriac, boiled and peeled
- 2 cooked and mashed maris piper potatoes
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Dust lamb in flour and seal until nut brown. Add garlic and vegetables and allow to soften.
- Pour in the port, bring to the boil and add rosemary and lemon peel. Pour in the stock, cover and cook at 160 degrees centigrade for 2 hours.
- Remove lamb to one side and reduce the remaining liquid by half. Pass through a sieve. Prepare mash by creaming celeriac and potatoes together, then adding cream, olive oil, parsley and seasoning.
- Serve lamb shank on mash with a drizzle of liquid.