Curried Chicken Rice with yoghurt raita
- 1 kg pieces Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Indian Curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1½ cups Basmati rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup coriander leaf
- 150 g Natural Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, add the curry powder and toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat a heavy based oven proof pan that has a tight fitting lid, over a moderate heat.
- Add the oil and the chicken pieces and cook until the pieces are sealed and browned all over.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are soft and pale golden.
- Add the rice, stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan in a single layer and carefully pour in the stock.
- Put the lid on and place the pan in the oven, cook for 35-45 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid.
- Top with coriander leaves and serve with yoghurt.