For the burger
- 540g (1lb 3oz) minced beef chuck steak
- 25g (1oz) chopped coriander
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta (not par baked variety)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 Slices of mature cheddar
- Mix all of ingredients for the burger together. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers on a grill pan for 15 mins, turning on a regular basis.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese towards the end of cooking time and allow to melt.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and lettuce.Cut the ciabatta into 4 and toast on grill.
- Top the bottom of the ciabatta with some lettuce and mayo followed by a slice of tomato.
- Place the burger and cheese on top followed by a slice of red onion.
- Top with the other half of ciabatta..