- 2 x 150g / 5oz middle cut cod fillet, without skin
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ a 440g jar Tomato sauce
- 175g / 6oz cooked potatoes (left over from the night before) or ½ a 560g tin of small potatoes in water, drained, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ / 40g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C / 180 Fan / 400F / Gas 6
- Arrange the cod on a board. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat the cod in seasoned flour and arrange in a small buttered ovenproof dish.
- Put the cut up potatoes in a mixing bowl and pour over the tomato sauce, season well.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the cod making sure all the fish is covered and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top and the fish is just cooked.