Sausages with Buttered Parmesan Polenta
- 1 litre/1 pint 15fl oz water
- tsp of salt
- 250g/9oz easy-cook polenta
- 50g/2 oz butter
- 50g/2 oz grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sausages, cooked
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pan, and add the salt.
- Place the polenta grains in a jug and pour slowly into the boiling water. Use a long-handled wooden spoon to stir constantly.
- Stir until all the polenta has been incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Add the butter and parmesan, and season with pepper.
- Simmer, stirring constantly until you have cooked the polenta for up to five minutes (the polenta is usually ready after one minute but will still be soft - it firms up with more cooking).
- Serve with sausages.