Tomato and Basil Poached Fish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12 new potatoes, diced
- 125ml (4fl oz) vegetable or fish stock
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans of chopped tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 x 200g (7oz) firm white fish fillets
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat a deep frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook for 8 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Cook, uncovered, or until the mixture has reduced and thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Place the fish in a baking dish, top with the tomato mixture and cook in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the sauce, and keep warm.
- Stir the spinach and basil into the sauce, and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.