Oven-Roasted Tomatoes with Feta
- 6 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 750g/1½lb ripe plum
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ tsp sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 450g/1lb good quality Greek feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 240C/475F/Gas 9. Oil a shallow roasting tin with 2 tbsp of the oil.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways and lay them cut-side up in the tin.
- Sprinkle over the thyme and some salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C/300F/Gas 2 and roast for a further 1½ hours until they have shrivelled to about half their original size and concentrated in flavour. Leave to cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes and the feta among four plates and drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a bit more sea salt and some black pepper to serve.