- 250g/1lb brill
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh fennel
- a good pinch of sea salt
- 1 avocado
For the Salsa
- 225g/8oz tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Cut the fish into strips the length of your finger but half as thick. Cover with lime juice. Turn over and marinate for 2 hours. Drain and sprinkle with the fennel and salt.
- Cut the avocado into quarters, remove the skin and thinly slice lengthways. Sprinkle the avocado with some lime juice and a little sea salt and arrange on four plates.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients just before you serve the dish then put a pile on each plate with the fish. Serve immediately.